I believe that TV, Facebook, constantly checking emails, etc. are just band aids. Things that keep us busy so that we don't reflect on how we really feel, what we really believe in, or who we truly want to be. And we're distracted from what really goes on in the world. Currently, all the news is about the alleged Russian hacking during the 2016 presidential election to help Trump win. What is this story distracting us from?
We don't think for ourselves anymore. We have no original thoughts anymore. Everything is conceived for us, ready to consume, and repost. We weren't created to work, struggle mentally and physically, and then die. We weren't created to serve the oligarchy, making them even richer and more powerful. We are all equal and should be helping each other regardless of circumstance.
I believe in community, in villages raising children, like indigenous tribes. Adapting to our environments instead of destroying them so that they conform to us. I believe in things that make our lives better at the core, not just superficially.
I want to escape this trap. Our money is stolen from us. Our quality of health is dictated by the "choices" we're given and who can afford them. This society is the death of our identities.
No comments:
Post a Comment